I thought this was interesting because it’s not every day that you get asked what’s in your fridge. Actually, seeing into someone’s fridge can tell a decent amount about the consumer, and hey, it might let you guys know a little more about me. So here we go.
1. Cranberry juice – It’s gotten a bad rap because it’s used for mixing drinks, but actually, I just use it for my morning smoothies. When I want a light breakfast, I blend up some cranberry juice, lemon juice, and frozen strawberries. It’s a delicious treat that doesn’t make me gain weight and keeps me hydrated (because I find myself needing to rehydrate constantly), so it’s always a plus! I’ve also found that I enjoy it on it’s own, and I actually refused to drink it before realizing this.
2. Frozen chicken cubes – As a college student, I spend a good while in classes and often don’t have time to prepare actual, fresh food in between. It’s a good alternative to raw meat because it is already cooked before it’s frozen so I don’t have to worry about throwing it in the microwave. Also, if I have the time, I can cook it in a pan and make some mouth watering vegetable and chicken stir fry. It’s a win-win!
3. Wraps – Another quick alternative to cooking: making sandwich wraps. I always worried about eating too many because of the carbs, but I got a variation that is low sodium, low carb and it’s actually really good. It’s guilt free and I can still have a quick, satisfying meal.
4. Salads – I used to hate salads. I think it’s a common thing for kids to look at all that “green stuff” and shake their heads in disgust, refusing to bring it anywhere near their mouths. Thankfully, this year, I gave salads another chance and have practically grown addicted to them. I eat one a day, and I get legitimately sad when it’s gone. I was totally missing out all those years that I refused, quite honestly. I do still find it difficult to eat the whole grape tomatoes though, which I’m not sure why exactly….
5. Chocolate – I have emergency mini chocolates in my freezer for when I’m craving chocolate but I don’t want the temptation of a full bar. Let me tell you, chocolate tastes one hundred times better when it is frozen, so if you haven’t tried that already, you need to do it. You’ll never go back to room temperature treats.