1. Piles among piles of magazines that aim to tell young women (teens to twenties) that if they’re curvy (or any shape, really!), they have to wear specific types of bathing a suits, clothes, and COLORS (or non-colors) to avoid looking crappy. Every magazine tells me I should wear black, cover my body up, and stay away from anything that will “draw the eye”. *sigh* I’m going to wear whatever I want, wherever I want, however I want…Done, done, and DONE.
2. There’s an old couple at the cafe trying to order coffee that can barely hear, yelling “What?” every couple of seconds, and they keep making this cashier run circles trying to figure out what they want! This woman really wants to spit in their coffee.
3. I see a sea of T-shirts and jeans, sneakers, and ponytails… No one is feeling fabulous today, I guess. Or maybe they’re just stopping in for a quick coffee run?
4. There are equal parts chatter and faint instrumental music in the background, and it has a soothing effect. It’s like the voices of the visitors automatically vibe with the atmosphere. Unless it’s someone talking loudly on a cell phone. Then it sounds like a broken symphony.
5. First this guy had one kid sitting with him at his cafe table, playing games on his tablet, and now he has about 10. Where did they all come from, and how do they all fit around one of these small, round tables? This tablet is definitely gonna break by the end of my B&N visit. I’m betting on it.
6. Pretty ironic that the “Customer Service” area is deserted. I always feel like my self-sufficiency is at an all time high when I’m here, because I can never find someone to help me find what I’m looking for! But it’s a blessing in disguise, though, because I often stumble upon books and other materials that interest me that I wasn’t initially looking for. A lose to a win!!
7. Without fail, there is always someone that my mom or I run into here each time we visit. I can honestly say that there hasn’t been one time that we haven’t seen someone.
8. Theres a man with a backpack that looks like it’s holding all of his worldly possessions (it’s as big as he is, basically) but I know it probably isn’t because he’s wearing designer brands from head to toe. So what do you have in there?
9. Do they ever play music with words?
10. Since the day I started going to this Barnes and Noble, they’ve always had the same artwork surrounding the cafe roof, displaying famous poets and artists. I can only hope that one day I’d be able to identify all of them. Maybe one day.