Recently, I’ve rediscovered the dangerous territory that is the Ulta clearance section, but also Ulta itself. It’s like the world decided to take all the beauty supplies I love and desperately need and jam them into one crisp, cute, not-so-little beauty emporium, with a clearance section better than the entire Walmart when it comes to beauty savings. I used to be a Walmart shopper for my essentials, and I’m not promising that I’ve completely sworn off Wally, but the products that I find myself looking at longingly always end up in the back corner clearance section of Ulta for me to scavenge. And so I did. I scavenged, spent an ungodly amount of cash on some beauty tools that I am certain I’ll be using for years to come, and if it weren’t for the cashier going b*tch mode on the customer that followed me about her “poor preference in hair setting spray”, my trip to Ulta would’ve been picture perfect. Aesthetic puns, hah. But seriously.
Without further ado, I’d like to tell you a little bit about the products that I purchased! This trip was basically all about the maintenance of my hair. Coming back to the university, I was more prepared than ever to battle the everyday Florida heat, and the suffering that would occur from walking back and forth across campus. I wanted to test out a few different styling products as well as products that would allow my hair to maintain its composure throughout the day, and I ended up purchasing three new products to take for a joy ride: Got 2b 2Sexy Voluptuous Volume Studio Size Hairspray, Got 2b Guardian Angel 90% Humidity Defense Hairspray, and Bed Head Totally Baked Hair Meringue.
Got 2b 2Sexy Voluptuous Volume Studio Size Hairspray:
- The first time I wore it was during my very first week back at school, last week, during a high-ninety-degree streak. I had put my hair up in a calculated messy bun for a class that I walked quite a distance to get to from the bus stop. I realized how hardy this hairspray is when I managed to keep my hair intact with only minor flyaways from wind exposure for a good 3-4 hour period.
- I’m not a fan of my hair getting crunchy with hairsprays, so obviously it bothered me that it got more rough when I utilized this product, but once you wash your hair, the rough texture goes away. It’s not permanent, but it bugs me, even when I have my hair out of my face.
- Would you buy it again? It’s highly likely. I am always looking for deals and the first time I bought this was during a Got 2b buy-one-get-one-free sale at Ulta, which ended with me getting this volume hairspray as well as the anti-humidity hairspray. It’s not unaffordable when it’s not on sale, though, so if I were to get it again, it wouldn’t break the bank.
You can check it out and buy it here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6470156
Got 2b Guardian Angel 90% Humidity Defense Hairspray
- My hair is smooth and sexy! Yes, both! I would recommend this for all you lion-maned girls out there. We need to stick together, and this product was made for us. It’s practically begging to be used!
- Reference the brittleness comment above. This one makes your hair less brittle, but I still don’t like the plastic-y feel that accompanies the use of hairspray. It’s just a personal preference, really. If that doesn’t bother you, then the subtle aftermath of this product will not deter you. You will simply only reap the benefits of smooth tresses! Congratulations!
- Would you buy it again? Yes! I have pretty decently long hair so this was an absolute must try! Often I find that my hair gets poofy and frizzy when I’m in the sun too long, so I’ve been generally looking for something to tone it down when the heat rises. I liked that this product kept my hair as “under control” as I’ve ever gotten it for an extended period of time. It works well!
You can check it out and buy it here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6470158
Bed Head Totally Baked Hair Meringue
- My hair is accepting of styling products, and I had never used a meringue before this product. With that being said, I don’t have much prior experience with similar products. However, I thought this product gave my hair natural, pretty waves. I used this with a little bit of the anti-humidity hairspray and they work together like a charm, but it works wonderfully on its own too.
- I particularly enjoy the beachy smell of this product, but if you don’t like strong-smelling products, this might not be the one for you. I don’t usually like to smell really strongly (I leave the scents to my perfumes!) but this one didn’t bother my nose as much as I thought it would. It does have a very strong smell, and if you’re not into that, I could imagine that this product wouldn’t be worth the price because then you’d have to smell it on yourself all day long. It’s your call, really. If you don’t like smelling like a beach, maybe give another one of Ulta’s meringues a go!
- Would you buy it again? Maybe. It’s somewhat affordable ($15.95 at Target), it smells nice in my opinion, and it provides a subtle, pretty wave to my hair on days that I don’t have time to show before class. I would recommend this one to anyone who has hair, like mine, that sometimes just needs a little push to gain some volume.
This one I could no longer find on the Ulta website, but they sell it at Target at the following link:
Any questions, comments, or concerns?
Have you used any of these products and have something to add? Comment below!