This is a piece of artwork that I created recently that was inspired by a recent dream I experienced involving movement and energy. I don’t always post my artwork on here but some of my readers were curious about my artistic endeavors as well! I hope you enjoy!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged abstract artwork, art, artwork, bright, colorful, dreams, energetic, energy, inspired, movement, my art, vibrant
* I don’t take credit for the pictures *
1. Painting with your hands on canvas. Bring out that inner child. I swear, you won’t regret it. We secretly all love making a mess.
2. The “Wreck this Journal” series. It broke me out of my composed ways of creating and challenged me in ways that I didn’t realize it could. It’s always been difficult for me to “destroy” things, and that’s the whole basis of the series!
Heres a tip: It’s best to do when angry. Or stressed out. Unleash your wrath upon those pages!
3. Hot sauce. On everything. At least once. You’ll never go back. You’ll never be the same.
4. Write a love letter than spills your guts forcefully. Let them know exactly how you feel and don’t leave out any of the mushy details.
5. Attend an arts festival. They’re probably one of the most interesting places I’ve ever been, and the artists are always great to talk to. I’ve met some colorful characters out there.
6. Devote yourself to a series of something and see where it takes you. Whether it be creating, reading, writing, tv series, whatever. Stick to it until the end.
7. Volunteer for the sake of volunteering. Not for your resume, or to graduate high school. Do it for you, and do something that you care about.
8. Make a youtube video showing something that means something significant to you. Tell a story, do a tutorial, document a moment in your life. Share with the world.
9. Try something you’ve failed, all over again. Practice makes perfect.
10. Approach a stranger and give a genuine compliment. Think specific and heartfelt.
Posted in Encouragement, Personal, Thoughts
Tagged art, bear all, better, better life, bucket list, compliment, compliments, create, creative, creative endeavors, devoted, experience, experiences, exposure, finger painting, goals, growth, hot sauce, importance, important, interactions, interesting, life, list, love, love letter, memories, new, painting, people, personal, personalities, series, tell all, things you should do, thoughts, volunteering, wreck this journal
Not only do I write, but I also draw, paint, and create digital works. I take both my writing and my artwork very seriously, because they are both near to my heart. If you want to check out my other works, you are more than welcome to do so. I know some of you have been asking.
May 21, 2014 in Uncategorized
Tagged abstract, advertising, art, art blog, art from the heart, artwork, drawing, my art, my work, painting, photography, response, thoughts, writing
I don’t think any academic scale can truly determine the worth and value of one’s visual representation of their mind. Nobody sees your perception through your eyes and can interpret the story you wish to tell through similar appreciation. We seem to think that, even in academic standards, that our own boxes we prefer to sort works in based on our own belief of right and wrong visual representation are relevant when “judging” the work of others, but cringe at the thought of others using the same bias upon our own works. The double standards apply forcefully and consistently.
Posted in Personal, Thoughts
Tagged academic standards, art, art courses, beautiful, disappointing, double standards, drawing, judging, life, matters of opinion, mind, opinionated, opinions, painting, perceptions, personal, personal journey, random thought, representation, right, thoughts, visual art courses, visual representation, visuals, writing, wrong