I find myself going through my daily routine, engulfed by my own thoughts about what it feels like to be “happy”. I remember being happy. Happy was me at Warped Tour, swaying to the beat of some newly discovered bands and realizing how much I adored the sound of something new gracing my ears. Happy was when I sat on the beach with my mom, coffee in hand and gnat-bitten to death, awaiting the arrival of a new sunrise on the shore. Happy was when I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio like I had millions of times before, but this time, managed to belt out all the words as loud as I could with the windows down, completely shamelessly. I know “happy”. Happy has always been a good friend of mine, but has slowly drifted from my grasp as of late. He’s become someone who sends a card on only the holidays signed with just his name, someone who pops in and says “hello” but never actually takes the time to truly absorb my answers, to question the strange intonations of my responses. He’s someone that has mistakenly forgotten to return my calls, tragically missed my texts, and has found new places and people to foster his sparks. Happiness has become an acquaintance, even more so a stranger. As of late.
The question is, am I happy? Am I happy now, at this very moment in time and my life?
I feel like my questioning confirms my answer enough.
Posted in Personal, Thoughts
Tagged disappointment, experiences, friendships, frustrated, happiness, happy, influence, interactions, life, my thoughts, my writing, over it, people, personal, reality, rejected, rejection, resentment, thoughts, tired
Got a question? Need advice? Wanna cure some boredom? Up for making friends? Found something funny today you wanna share?
NOW IS YOUR OPPORTUNE CHANCE
Leave a comment below and I’ll answer it.
Brownie points for creativity 😉
Posted in Personal, Q and A
Tagged advice, answers, community, conversations, followers, interactions, my answers, new friends, personal, Q and A, questions, random, share, silliness, subscribers, talking, thoughts, writing
* I don’t take credit for the pictures *
1. Painting with your hands on canvas. Bring out that inner child. I swear, you won’t regret it. We secretly all love making a mess.
2. The “Wreck this Journal” series. It broke me out of my composed ways of creating and challenged me in ways that I didn’t realize it could. It’s always been difficult for me to “destroy” things, and that’s the whole basis of the series!
Heres a tip: It’s best to do when angry. Or stressed out. Unleash your wrath upon those pages!
3. Hot sauce. On everything. At least once. You’ll never go back. You’ll never be the same.
4. Write a love letter than spills your guts forcefully. Let them know exactly how you feel and don’t leave out any of the mushy details.
5. Attend an arts festival. They’re probably one of the most interesting places I’ve ever been, and the artists are always great to talk to. I’ve met some colorful characters out there.
6. Devote yourself to a series of something and see where it takes you. Whether it be creating, reading, writing, tv series, whatever. Stick to it until the end.
7. Volunteer for the sake of volunteering. Not for your resume, or to graduate high school. Do it for you, and do something that you care about.
8. Make a youtube video showing something that means something significant to you. Tell a story, do a tutorial, document a moment in your life. Share with the world.
9. Try something you’ve failed, all over again. Practice makes perfect.
10. Approach a stranger and give a genuine compliment. Think specific and heartfelt.
Posted in Encouragement, Personal, Thoughts
Tagged art, bear all, better, better life, bucket list, compliment, compliments, create, creative, creative endeavors, devoted, experience, experiences, exposure, finger painting, goals, growth, hot sauce, importance, important, interactions, interesting, life, list, love, love letter, memories, new, painting, people, personal, personalities, series, tell all, things you should do, thoughts, volunteering, wreck this journal
Nobody can force the words out for you. Sometimes you have to be fearless. Don’t let your thoughts and feelings remain suppressed out of the avoidance of judgment. Judgment is everywhere and frequent. Only you can preserve your character.
Posted in Personal, Thoughts
Tagged afraid, character, communicate, communicating, development, experience, fears, feelings, friendships, growth, importance, interactions, introverted, judgment, life, memory, my life, outspoken, people, personal, personality, random thought, relationships, shared feelings, shy, speaking, talking, thoughts, understanding, world
I’d have to say though, it’d be a pretty long and complicated book. I regret nothing, because I wouldn’t want to start over.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged choices, choose your own destiny, circumstances, concept, consequences, destiny, different, fate, friendships, if things were different, interactions, interesting, life, my life, paths, random thought, relationships, thought, thoughts
Seriously. Friendships aren’t a take-all relationship. They require, I don’t know….work. From both parties. And lately, your party sucks and I think I’m gonna un-RSVP.
Posted in Personal, Rant, Relationships, Thoughts
Tagged annoyed, feelings, friends, friendships, give all, influence, interactions, life, memories, mutual, my life, over it, personal, random thoughts, real talk, relationships, selfish, take all, thoughts, unequal
It drives me mad how many times people give insincere “sorry’s” and “condolences”. You might as well not even waste your breath, because the fact that you only care to communicate with me now, and not only that, but spit a half-a**ed “sorry” in my direction, just goes to show that you don’t have an ounce of sympathy to spare. Shame on you and your lack of social etiquette. Stick a fork in it and keep chewing. You certainly don’t need your teeth for talking anyway.
And as for the people who care…Rock on. Do your thing, because you’re doing it right. Those who were there as a shoulder and open arms have been and continue to be my “rock”, so to speak. You were brought up right, and should do whatever it takes to remain sympathetic, empathetic, and caring towards others. More people need to have your kind of attitude. For heaven’s sake, finding sincerity in this world is like picking up a grain of sand on a beach from a pile of millions of ’em. I feel like I have to really cherry-pick my friends, and it sucks. Honestly.
When did some of you lose your ability to be human, and what the heck did the world do to you that put you in your place that way? When did you stop understanding trying to understand someone else’s pain?
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged annoyed, caring, communication, connections, dumb, etiquette, family, friends, honest, insincere, insincerity, interactions, life, loving, my experiences, people, personal, personality, rant, response, responses, thoughts, you suck