I’d be lying if I said that today wasn’t awful after what just happened. I try to be an optimistic person, and in practice I often am, but my day went from great to horrible in a matter of thirty minutes when my MacBook Pro completely stopped working. Decided it was done helping me study and prepare for my upcoming exams, and decided that it needed a break more than I do. As we speak (or as you read, more like), I am typing this on my iPhone. Don’t really know how I’m typing this when I’m rolling my eyes this hard. Pretty sure I’m on the verge of an emotional breakdown after this week and all of it’s obstacles, but I’m just going to do some yoga and see if I can exert some of this negative energy before I do anything out of stress or anger, and hopefully that will get me calm enough to sleep soundly tonight. Sometimes we’re dealt cards that we’d do anything not to take, but we have no choice. We have to take what life gives us and try to make it into a lesson learned. So here’s my lesson: never trust a MacBook, no matter if it’s working fine or not, because it will, in fact, come back and bite you in the a**, even if it’s not hungry. Seriously. Why now? Why before finals week? Why before I have projects to turn in, that were also on my laptop? I guess it’s time for me to get creative about my studying and try to focus on the positives in my life. In light of positivity, I will now list the things in my life that are going right for me, as of now.
1. I have exceptional grades right now. I’ve been busting my butt all semester to get straight A’s, and although I don’t have straight A’s, I’m going to end up having A’s and high B’s, with the exception of one rather difficult class. I’ll take it!
2. I was able to take a 4 hour nap today, which made up for all the sleep I lost during the week staying up late. Naps after a long week are the best medicine.
3. I had a really great dinner. I made a huge dinner salad with romaine, light Caesar, Parmesan, tomatoes, and diced chicken. It was definitely the most satisfying meal I could have, seeing that my fridge is running on empty because I’m trying to finish all the food I already have before move-out day.
4. I’ve become adapted to not having coffee this week. I haven’t had creamer for my coffee all week so I haven’t had any coffee, and therefore I haven’t been energy buzzed. I think, from time to time, it’s good to lay off the coffee. I think I’ll survive until move out day without it.
5. My mom makes me smile. She texts me all day long sending cute little emoticons and cheering me on when I’m in a bad mood. I really need that kind of support right now, but I know she’s asleep. She’ll cheer me up tomorrow, I bet. She always knows how to bring me up when I feel down like this.
6. I finally learned how to curl my hair. After burning myself countless times, I found a way to do it that gives me the results I like without third degree burns!!
7. My classes are finished, as of now. All I have left are exams and then I can come home and relax for a few months, which is definitely enough incentive to get me up and moving for these last couple of weeks. My motivation is dwindling, but getting to come home and see my family and friends is worth the work and struggle. I’ll get through this knowing they’re my reward.
8. I got to watch all my favorite vlogger’s new videos today, which always make me laugh. It’s good to see others happy when you’re down, because happiness is contagious in a way. The CTFxC and DLV are always my go-to’s when I need a good pick me up, because they’re just the happiest, most easygoing people. It shows me that there’s more to life than frustration, and that there’s a bright side no matter what the situation.
9. I’ve gotten much more traffic on my blog lately, which I am eternally grateful for!! The support and love I’ve gotten on this project in my life is incomparable, and it’d be nothing without all of you cheering me on alone the way. The WordPress community is a community of individuals that are driven my creativity and intellectual thought, and you’re all so stimulating to me. If I can provide anything to your lives through my writing, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. You guys all inspire me.
10. I’m actually going to hit the bed early tonight to avoid staying up and stressing over this. I think the sleep will get my head clear for the hard couple of weeks ahead of me, and prepare me to take on the challenges of efficiently studying for all of my exams. This sleep will really rejuvenate me and get me back on my optimistic thought train, which is an absolute must right now.
I hope you guys are having a better night than me, and remember, whatever situation you’re going through, there’s always something to be thankful for. Do your best to see the light, even in times of darkness. You got this. If I’ve got this, you’ve definitely got this.